Tuesday, January 24, 2017 at 7 pm
Florida Avenue Baptist Church
623 Florida Avenue NW (enter at the back)
- DC Solar Energy – Mishal Thadani
- Bring neighbors together to commit to go solar so we can negotiate a deal and get a good rate for everyone
- We would approach all the installers in the city, then we would bid and we would choose the cheapest cost.
- This is a good option for everyone, no matter your income level.
- They’re setting up portfolios of people. Go to the website districtsolar.com , type in info, and once we reach a certain threshold level then we can go out to bid.
- If you are interested or have any questions, email email@example.com
- Election for Treasury Position: Cindy Paladines
- Donna, our previous Treasurer has moved. Tonight our nominee is Cindy Paladines. Cindy has been working at the World Bank Group in finances and economics. She is keen on investing more in the community.
- John Hillegas made a motion
- Cindy Paladines has been elected unanimously.
- MPD Crime Report
- 12/25/16-1/24/17: 3 robbery, 1 assault dangerous weapon, 16 theft from auto
- Information on Reporting to 311
- These are ways to report incidents in the neighborhood: report to 311 first. Receive a confirmation #, and then make a follow up call for the status.
- Ways to contact 311: Online portal: 311.dc.gov; Mobile app: DC311; text DC311; online live chat on 311.dc.gov; Twitter: @311dcgov; call 311
- Report the following to 311: potholes, trash collection problems, bulk trash, parking enforcement, tree service, illegal dumping, and streetlight repair.
- For bulk trash, put out trash the night before pickup date.
- Snow Shoveling Assistance
- dc.gov for updates; seniors and disabled neighbors can call 311 for exemption from shoveling.
- DC Family Leave Act
- FYI DC passed the family leave act.
- Community Cleanup Day: Earth Day
- Sat, April 22. We will have three locations to clean up. Helping Hands will let us borrow cleaning tools and equipment.10am-2pm
- If you can’t come, please clean up the front of your house.
- Committee Reports
- Membership, John: 2nd Tuesday of the month, happy hour! 6:30-8:30pm. Pay membership dues!
- Community Announcements
- Martha’s Table is asking for donations of extra Smartrip cards.
- There have been requests to install speed bumps between Florida Ave & T Street. Community has to start the petition process.
- Street repairs, pothole repairs should be done through 311 and then email Shinada
- Our mayor’s office of community relations and services: Shinada Phillips, firstname.lastname@example.org
- ATM machines that were at LeDroit Park market and Cookie’s Corner have been removed.
- Anita Norman’s email: email@example.com, 240-257-5723
- Meeting with DPW has been requested re: trash issue.
- Christmas trees: will be picked up as they have room on the trucks.
- Received complaint from neighbor near Flash. This complaint was investigated by ABRA and forwarded to the Office of Attorney General for prosecution. If you live near restaurants or bars that are noisy, contact ABRA. For noise complaints after 10pm, contact MPD.
- Mayor Bowser is having a public safety issue call on Saturday. Anita will have the info if you want to join the call. Also will be on FB live.
Meeting adjourned at 8:00 pm
This memorandum represents our understanding of the events that transpired and the actions that were taken. If they do not conform to a recipient’s understand, prompt written notice must be communicated to the writer. If no corrections or objections are made, this memorandum will be relied upon as a factual interpretation of this meeting.
Submitted on Thursday, January 26, 2017 by Jeehye Pak.