This fall, U Street resident and business owner, Paul Carlson, will open his second business right here in LeDroit Park and he’s inviting all LeDroit Park residents over to his place to meet him!
Join us on Sept 9 from 6-8pm for the September Happy Hour at Paul’s U st. restaurant, Vinoteca! (1940 11th St NW, Washington, DC 20001.)
Enjoy drinks with your neighbors and welcome the newest member of our community.
It won’t be long before new trees come to LeDroit Park! But, if you want to volunteer, there are a few directions you MUST follow in order to sign up.
According to Casey Trees, you must:
1) Visit the following link: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/volunteer-ledroit-park-community-tree-planting-registration-12653610289?access=LeDroitParkCivicAssociation
2) Signup under the LeDroit Park Civic Association (which is the last on the list). Please use this specific category.
That’s It! See you in October!
The LeDroit Park Civic Association is teaming with Casey Trees (http://caseytrees.org/)
to bring 40 beautiful new trees to the Park at LeDroit. The attached plan shows where they’ll go and what kinds of trees will be planted. The tree planting is scheduled for Saturday, October 25th (9am – noon) and we need volunteers to help out. Please reserve your spot by sending an email to TreesAtLedroit@gmail.com
by Saturday, August 23rd.
Also, Casey Trees is teaming up with Howard University this coming Friday (8/22) for Howard’s annual day of service to help prepare for the October planting. 30 to 40 Howard students will be at the Park at 10 AM and will be helping with composting, pruning, installing trunk guards, weeding and removing rocks. We thank Howard University and Casey trees for this wonderful collaboration and for helping our community look even better!
As expected, there will be several street closures for tomorrows Independence Day celebrations. Please use the information below, created by the MPD, to help you plan your travel.
STREET CLOSURES FOR MULTIPLE EVENTS
On Friday, July 4, 2014, there will be several events taking place in the District of Columbia in
relation to the Independence Day Festivities. In conjunction with these events, there will be
numerous street closures and parking restrictions that motorists should take into consideration:
A Capitol 4th
No Parking Restrictions 5:30 am to 11:00 pm
- 3rd Street, from Independence to Constitution Avenue, NW
- 4th Street, from Independence to Constitution Avenue, NW
- 7th Street, from Independence to Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
- 14th Street, from Independence to Constitution Avenue, NW
- 15th Street, from Constitution to E Street NW
- 17th Street, from Constitution to E Street NW
- Constitution Avenue, both sides, from Pennsylvania Ave., west to 23rd Street, NW
- 10th Street, NW, between Constitution and Pennsylvania Avenues, NW
- 4th Street, NW, between Constitution and Pennsylvania Avenues, NW
- C Street, NW, from 17th to 18th Street, Both Sides.
- Virginia Avenue, NW from Constitution Avenue to 21st Street.
On July 2nd, the Ledroit Park Civic Association’s Parks Committee, along with representatives from Common Good City Farm and the Community Garden, had a walk through of the Park at LeDroit with staff from Casey Trees.
Recently, the Civic Association won a grant from Casey Trees to plant new trees all around our lovely park.
Planting begins on Saturday, October 25th. So save the date!
Details on the event will follow in the next few months.
Interested in joining the Parks Committee? Email Parks Committee Chair Nicole Bambas at firstname.lastname@example.org